Monday, November 14, 2011

Fifty-Boy 24 She's Exquisite

Fifty-Boy

24

She's Exquisite



I spent many a lazy afternoon with Bernhardt the doorman, sitting out front in the shade on the breezeway talking life and sipping mint tea. I really got to like him, and I think he liked me too.

I loved his accent. He was a big guy from Germany. We got into some pretty heavy conversations about women, wives, sex, and baking. Apparently, he loved to bake.

One day he showed me a picture of his wife:

"Bernhardt, she's exquisite."

"You think so?"

"Yes."

"You were married, Jake?"

When he saw my difficulty he said, "Never mind. I think I understand."

After that we became friends and I was able to tell him some little bit of my story.

One afternoon when things in the lobby were particularly quiet he said, "Hypothetically, would you have sex with another man's wife?"
I thought about Dale Outlay and Molly. I said, "I don't think so, but you can never tell. Who knows what you'd do in a given situation. I don't know nothing anymore."

"Let me pose a question." He said. "What if you were asked by a friend?"

"To have sex with his wife, hypothetically?"

"Jah, to help him out of jam."

"How would that work?"

"Well, let's say my friend comes to me and says, look my wife won't have sex with me anymore because she caught me with her friend... And, she says, you're not getting any anymore, 'til I can even the score, 'til I get to have sex with the man I'm choosing."

"Whoa..."

"Jah, whoa... And he's saying to you, please, man, help me. You must do this for me. I haven't had any in... And you can fill in that part for yourself... But you understand, now what would you do?"

"Depends on how good a friend he was... He's not gonna' get jealous later and kill me, is he?"

"No, he's not going to kill you, he's going to thank you. You' helping him."

"Yeah," I laughed. "But, Bernhardt, I don't care how good a friend he is, a lot's gonna' depend on what his wife looks like."

"She's exquisite." He said.

I said, Uh huh..."

A cop car pulled to the curb.

Bernhardt went over. I think he knew them. He pointed to me and said, "To be continued, my friend."


No comments:

Post a Comment