Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fifty-Boy 8 Break The Code

Fifty-Boy

8

Break The Code

Your Party-Girl


I never made advances in bed. Years ago i was given to understand that it would be better to let her initiate. I would reduce our bad feelings and the number of arguments we had over sex.
                                                           
"You're always on me, back off.
Give it a rest once in a while.
Don't you ever think of anything else?"
In her mind the party was over. She'd settled down and married. We were out of our twenties and into our thirties. Time to grow up.
"Your party-girl just packed a bag and took a taxi to the maternity ward.
The magic days are done.
For Sale
You got me pregnant, you made me a wife, now I'm making you a husband.
So tote that barge and lift that bale, cut the grass and buy some diapers.
Our dancing days are over.
Just quit whining about it and put the damn backless shoes in the attic, sell the guitars and start building us a nest."


The thrombotic thirties, damn, I couldn't believe it.

Suddenly I was her stay-at-home-plain-jane provider. I merited no particular explanation as to why I was no longer of interest to her or what I might do to re-spark things. The need to be attractive to me was over as far as she was concerned.

So I didn't push it. Still, I would love to have known if there was any chance of reviving things. But she would never explicity verbalize what turned her on. There was a thick fog and we just couldn't see our way to hear each other. I guess especially me.

Break The Code
I spent years trying to interpret signs and break the code. I loved true-life spy novels. And Rainbow looked like a code to me, a code that left me on the outside, a code I wasn't supposed to know existed, a code designed to protect a privileged communication and a passion-driven romance from plain-jane me.

After I saw his single word invitaion I haunted the chat-room at various hours during the day posing as the Red Ripper, hoping he wouldn't come in, but that Moll would, that she would check in from her terminal at work. And one afternnon, she did. She said, "You'll always have a special place in my heart, but I have to break this off." At first she didn't suspect me. But by the time she did, it was too late. She'd given their game away, asked for their code word, and said she had to break off the meeting they were planning Baltimore. "I think Spymaster knows." she said. "I think he saw Rainbow."




No comments:

Post a Comment